February 14, 2018

The Christianville Spirit: An Unconventional Love Story





The Christianville Spirit
The Spirit that Keeps Learning with Hope and Resilience
February 14th, 2018-TCS # 583

Happy Valentine’s Day, My Readers! Today is The Day of Love! Okay, so Not Everyone calls Valentine’s Day, “The Day of Love”, although It really should be referred to as that. I would imagine that It would make Those People who don’t believe in Valentine’s Day feel loved, because They feel that Valentine’s Day is only about Couples. Let Me Tell You, that is Further from The Truth!
So, After 11 Years of Writing The Christianville Spirit, I have written some Really Good Newsletters in The Topic of Love during Valentine’s Day. These are Newsletters of Mine that I feel deserve The Gold Metal (Get It? The Olympics!) for Valentine’s Day and The Day of Love Newsletters in My Valentine’s Day Newsletter Roster. So, I am going to Help You enjoy Valentine’s Day, in whatever Mood You may be in or You Think of Valentine’s Day in One Way or Another. It was Very Hard for Me to Choose Which were The Best of The Best in My 11 Years of Writing, but These are The Gold Ones! 
The Gold Valentine’s Day Newsletters go by Title and Year so that They are Easy to find!
Destiny in The Making (2015) 
In Search of Bridgett (2014)
 Infectious: A Love Story (2012)
 Different Kinds of Love (2010)
You are Loved This Valentine’s Day (2009)
Now, Don’t Worry, I am not going leave you out of The Mushiness, Non-Believers. You may call This Day, Single’s Awareness Day or “Day of Evil” according to a PTLS Family Member I knew. Well, What if You believe in Love but, Aren’t feeling it This Year? I feel like I am Ted Mosby of The TV Show How I Met Your Mother right before He meets The Mother. You believe in Love with All Your Heart but, You are Ready for Your “Person”, quoting Christina Yang of Grey’s Anatomy, to Come into Your Life. You want to see that Kind of Love! Anyway, so This is an Unconventional Love Story that pertains to that, at least until I meet Her. 
So, My Dog, Paco. You have heard briefly about Him from Time to Time, but I never told You the Actual Story. Probably because, for One, It did not turn out that way I thought it would and Two, Paco was Intended to be My Brother’s Dog and for The sake of My Brother’s Feelings, I did not want to boast about it. But, It seems that Paco and I have bonded. So, First Off, Paco is a Boy Dog, We have always avoided having a Boy Dog, what with The Raising of The Leg, Humping, and The (Clearing Throat) Oscar Meyer Weiner of It all. People that have Boy Dogs will know exactly what I mean. So, My Mom has always gotten Our Family Girl Dogs. Well, My Mom’s High School Friend, Barb, was at a Flea Market in a Town called Canton, about an Hour East of Dallas. She was walking through The Place and Discovered This Guy giving away Puppies. Well, Said Guy was not a Very Nice Guy giving away These Puppies! Barb saw Literally the Cutest Brindle Boy Dog and She had to have Him. She tried to get More than just Him because The Seller was commenting to another person saying “They’d Make Great Bait Dogs!” (Yes, Really He said that in the Open!). Barb was like “Let Me have Them” and Sadly, She only got The Brindle Boy. It happened to be at The Time that Michael, My Brother, saw a Brindle dog and wanted it but, The Guy that had him decided to keep Him
  So, Barb called up My Mom and told her to come over to Check Out The Brindle Boy Dog who was like 4 Months Old at The Time and Not Potty Trained. My Mom thought, “Well, We can take The Dog up to Colorado for Michael”. The Thing was that We were not going to Colorado for Two Weeks, So We cared for This Boy Dog who Barb referred to as “Baby Boy”. At First, Between My Mom and I, We were Very Wary about having a Un-Potty Trained Boy Dog in Our House. Now, Bearing in Mind that We had Potty Trained Dogs that We have had before, so It was Nothing New but, This Boy Dog was Harder to Potty Train because He is a Rather Stubborn Dog. Through Those Two Weeks, That Boy Dog really tested My Texture Issue Limits with His Pooping and Peeing on Training Pads and Me having to clean it up and throw it away. A lot of It I had to do while My Mom was at Work. I tried Very Hard not to Get to Close to Him because for All I knew, He was going to Michael’s House and It would hurt more letting him go. So, After Two Weeks of Trying to Potty Train Him, he still was not Trained yet but, We put Him in his Crate and Got on The Road. We found after about an Hour of Driving that He would rather be in The Crate with The Door open so He could freely come to See us and Sleep in The Crate. Now, Barb started training Him before We had him with Crate Training. Now, I have not had Great Experiences traveling with Dogs, but I have to say that This Boy Dog was The Best Traveller! He was Quiet, Did not Bark too much (although Sadie Good-Lord was in the Process of teaching him to Bark), and He did not bother us that much. So, After We got to Michael’s House and The Boy Dog “Baby Boy” to Our Surprise, He knew exactly where His House was before We had even been up to See It. He is a Very Smart Dog! Now, I will tell you, It did sting a little bit along The Way up there to know that This Boy Dog was going to be My Brother’s because although I did not admit, It was Hard not to Bond with Him, even though I did not want him because He was My Brothers and I did not want to deal with Anymore Potty Training. Well, Michael wanted to keep him but, His Roommate did not want him. Michael kept saying He thought there might be a No Dog Rule at His Place but, yet allowed Nicole’s Small Dog and Zack’s Dog to come over all the time, but Why not Michael? He deserved a Dog! After a Few Days at Michael’s, We left “Baby Boy” at Michael’s because He was Michael’s Dog. We let My Brother name The Boy Dog. He first started with “Grandpa” (as in, “Let’s Take Grandpa for a Walk”); Nicole said No. My Brother’s Humor! “Grandpa Banjo” (From the Nintendo 64 Video Game, Banjo-Kazooie); Nope! “Banjo”. Well, that worked for a While, until He responded with a sound like The Word, “Taco” and Then Came the Name “Paco”.
 Long Story Short, The Roommate got Very Upset about The Dog being there and Michael being Nice said He would be with Him for 2 Weeks, 2 Weeks went up, and then, My Mom and Michael drove halfway to Kansas and Michael sadly gave Paco back to us. This is Where I start to say, No! This is not Fair for My Brother! He deserves a Dog! Of Course, I was still Wary about having to Potty Train Him and then, getting attached to Him. Well, Paco came back and He was happy to be with Us again. We told My Brother that We would meet him again and Exchange Paco back later, but Low and Behold, Me and Paco got attached to Each other and I grew more and more attached to Him as He did to Me. The Dog picks The Person, NOT The Other Way around, Folks! After a while, after I got used to Him being around and caring for Him, finally Potty Training Him, I got less and less of wanting to send him back to My Brother. I learned Paco’s Ways and He learned Mine. I like to say that He is a “PTLS Dog” because of Many Things including needing to be told what is going on, He hops in The Yard like a Gazelle, He runs around without a Purpose getting Excited but, Not knowing What it is that He is getting excited about. Because He is an Excellent Traveller, We take him with us on Our Trips, among them, We took him with us to Atlanta to see Grandma Honey and Of Course, for Christmas, We took All 3 Dogs (Paco included) to Colorado and Bringing Him back This Time! He is Very Smart Dog! On The Trip to Atlanta, He knew where Our Hotel Room was the second time We walked Him, He knew where Grandma Honey’s House was, Where Uncle Bruce’s House was, and Yes, Our House included. Is He still stubborn? Yep, about as Stubborn as I am. Do I still talk to Paco about Events of The Day like PTLSers need to have? Yes, I do. I tell Him what’s going on and other things as well. I call them “Pac’ Talks”. I Love My Boy Dog! and, Yes, He is still cute as Ever! It took a Long Time to admit to Myself, My Mom, and My Brother that I was growing attached to Paco. So, to be Fair, Michael and I share Parenting this Boy Dog, and We both love him a lot. All in all, This Valentine’s Day, Know that You are loved!


Thanks for Reading The Christianville Spirit. Love the One  You are with even if They have Four Legs!


No comments: